This training and course is designed for movement specialists to learn how to safely and appropriately apply assisted stretching techniques with their clients.
- Understand the anatomy and function of deep fascia, muscles, and tendons.
- Define and differentiate the 3 main assisted stretching techniques and when/how to apply them appropriately.
- Know and recognize the contraindications and precautions of assisted stretching.
- Understand and demonstrate how to collect a thorough, subjective history and perform a functional movement assessment.
- Learn and apply the hands-on assisted stretching skills for the neck, upper body, and lower body appropriately and effectively.
Please download the suggested materials below before you start the course.
Fundamentals of Assisted Stretching Online
1 year of access
Assisted Stretch Therapist Training
Anatomy, Function & Pathologies
In order to deliver excellent stretch care, a fundamental understanding of the anatomy and physiology of stretch should be established. Understanding the anatomical terms, physiology of stretch, and other educational...
Contraindications & Precautions
Contraindications A contraindication is a condition or circumstance that suggests or indicates that a particular technique or drug should not be used in the case in question. There are several...
Assisted Stretching Techniques
In this section the technical aspects of stretching will be discussed. The purpose is to equip you with the techniques and strategies necessary to optimize your stretch care. Learning Objectives:...
Hands-on Skills Training
Welcome to the hands-on training portion of the Stretch Center. Make sure you and your model are dressed comfortably and that you have all the necessary equipment available to use...
Taking a thorough history is crucial in identifying possible precautions and contraindications you may have to account for, areas you may want to focus more on during the client’s sessions,...
Case Study 1 50-year-old female presents for her initial consultation and stretch session with c/o low back pain with extended sitting and standing and history of sciatica into her LLE....
This page contains the Download links for the most up-to-date documents and forms for your stretch therapy practice. You will need to download all of these in order to start...